We can our food when the flavour and vitamins are at their height.
- Add 30ml of Whisky to a hot saucepan and set it alight (be careful), this is to burn off the alcohol.
- Stir in the cream, ground black pepper and peppercorns and simmer at a gentle heat until it thickens to the desired consistency.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Once the liquid has reduced by around half, take it off the heat and pour over Grant’s Haggis, neeps and tatties.
- Double cream - 150ml
- Whisky - 30ml
- Beef Stock
- Gravy Granules
- Salt and ground black pepper – ½ teaspoon
You may also want to try these