Food from a can is often fresher than chilled ready meals.
- Shape the haggis into individual balls, approx 1 inch/2.5cm in diameter, ensuring they are well compacted.
- Roll the balls in plain flour, dip in beaten egg mix and then coat in breadcrumbs. Repeat egg and breadcrumb for good covering.
- Ideally cook in a deep fat fryer at 170°C or deep fry in saucepan for approximately 2 minutes until golden brown. Always use a chef’s thermometer to ensure accurate temperature.
- 1 can of Grant’s Haggis (392g)
- 1 bag of Japanese Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp flour (for coating)
- 1 egg - beaten
- vegetable oil