We can our food when the flavour and vitamins are at their height.
- Place the streaky bacon on a tray and bake in the oven until crisp.
- Open the can of black pudding and cut into 8 slices.
- Place the black pudding on a tray and grill for approx 2 mins on each side.
- To poach the eggs, bring a litre of water to the boil with a tablespoon of white malt vinegar.
- Once boiling rapidly, add one egg and reduce to a simmer for 1 to 2 mins.
- Spoon the egg out of the water and set aside. Repeat for the remaining three eggs. Poach the eggs in a wide shallow pan rather than a deep one.
(If you want to keep the eggs for later, place in iced water and reheat when ready in boiling water for 1 minute.)
- To assemble, apply 2 streaks of bacon to each plate, dress the salad with the balsamic and olive oil and place a small handful in the centre of each plate. Top with black pudding then add some more salad and another slice of black pudding. Finally place the poached egg on top and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- 1 can of Grant’s Black Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices of streaky bacon
- 4 handfuls of salad leaves
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp white malt vinegar
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper